TUSAL stands for "Totally Useless Stitch A Long"
Oh lordy, it can't really be almost 2012... but yes it is! And how do I know - well, besides Christmas and New Year being only a few weeks away, the other way I know that 2012 is almost here is that Daffycat is now taking registrations for next year's TUSAL!
Daffycat has advised that there are some changes for next year's TUSAL - nothing too onerous though. The changes are:
1. New participants are welcome to join at any time, yes, even in December 20121
2. No stash donations will be accepted for a prize fior 2012, however Daffycat will still have something to giveaway at the end of the year.
Being a part of the TUSAL is very easy and lots of fun. All you have to do is:
1. Get a glass container and save your thread clippings or ORTs (Old Ratty Threads!). Some stitchers include fabric trimmings, thread bands or any other stitching cast-offs they gather. You may continue filling this jar throughout the year OR you may empty the jar and start over each month ~ no firm rules here!
2. On (or about) each New Moon take a picture of the ORTs in your jar and post it to your blog. Yes, you MUST have a blog to be included. Reasonably "late" posts will be accepted, but posting several updates at once is cheating!
3. Yes, you can use your current ORT jar or jars. This isn't a contest...the stitcher with the most ORTs doesn't win!
4. You must post a picture each New Moon, even if there has been no "progress" to show.
5. Label your Totally Useless posts with "TUSAL" to make it easier for Daffycat to find your posts at the end of the year.
So what are you waiting for... drop in on Daffycat's blog and sign up now for TUSAL 2012!
Til next time, happy stitching