I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My last post....

That made you look, didn't it!!!  Well, it is the last day of November, so this is my last post for November 2011!!  And seeing as I didn't post much during the month I thought that I would end the month on a high note, so to speak.

Where, oh where has the month and the year gone?  Tomorrow is the 1st of December, which means that Christmas is around the corner with the New Year of 2012 chasing behind and catching up very quickly!  Can you believe how quickly 2011 has flown by?

I was thinking the other day about what goals I had set for my stitching for 2011 and whether I had achieved any of them, and then thought about what my stitching goals for 2012 would be.  But that is for another post!  I may not have achieved all my goals but I have certainly done a lot more stitching this year than I have done for a very long time!  So that is an achievement in itself :o)

This post, as it is the last one for November 2011, is a bit of a stitching update.

So what have I been working on over the last month?  Besides my snowman for the MS Lovers Blog SAL #2,  I recently stitched Margaret Sherry's photographer cat for the birthday of an online friend of mine in the USA - Maribeth.  This card was part of the Craftbubble "Crazy for Kitties" birthday exchange.  Maribeth often tells me about the trips that she does around her home state of New York and I thought that the photographer cat would be the perfect fellow to stitch for her.  Plus he is a ginger cat as is Maribeth's kitty!  So two ticks in two boxes... can't go wrong!

The design has been published in one of the cross stitching mags but in this instance I stitched the design from the bumper Margaret Sherry Collection design book.  I so love that book - all those great designs in one spot!

Stitched photographer cat from Margaret Sherry Collection
Finished card for Maribeth

I also stitched a Christmas card for the same group's Christmas Exchange.  My card is now on it's way to Sue in the UK but I thought it wouldn't hurt to let you see a sneak peek of her card... so here it is.

Finished card for Sue (Crazy for Kitties Christmas Exchange)
Design was stitched from the "Cross Stitch Favourites 2011" magazine
I know that it is a very plain and simple finish to the card, but after finding this delightful vintage paper I didn't want to put anything else on it except the stitching.  For once I stayed my hand with the extra emblishments.  The paper was a freebie in one of the paper crafting magazines.  I only buy those magazines if they have good freebies like papers or stamps!

I am still stitching my ornament which is also for the CB "Crazy for Kitties" group.  This should be finished by the weekend, and then I will start on my secret stitching for the MS Lovers Blog Christmas card exchange.  I know exactly what I am going to stitch and how I am going to finish the card, but my lips are sealed as we have all been sworn to secrecy until the card arrives at its destination, or at least until Christmas eve when Nia will post pics of those that haven't quite made it to their destination on the MS Lovers Blog for all to see!

So, fellow bloggers, that is it for the last post of November 2011.  See you in December when we start the countdown to Christmas and 2012.

Til next time, happy stitching!

6 comments:

  1. LOL you sure did make me look. I love your Margaret Sherry camera stitch. And that's a lovely card. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello dear, ia m thinking the same where the time is going..it is passing by so much faster this year..
    beautiful stitching and it is looking very pretty in a card..and christmas card is so sweet too.
    keep well.
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching, Noni. And you are right, it is nearly the countdown for Christmas.

    Hugs, Kaye xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are very nice! The receiver will be very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahahah funny start ;) LOL
    Yeap.. time is really flying.. goes so faaaastttt! =/
    Lovely stitching :) You always make the cutest cards!! Let's wait and see if I'll be able to make a card as pretty as yours!! Oh it's a hard task :p heheheh

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥