I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

October Finishes

I'm back, as promised with some pics of my latest finishes.

October has been a busy month all round for me not just with work but also with the amount of stitching that I have been doing.  In November there are 3 Craftbubble "Crazy for Kitty's" birthdays to stitch for and I thought that I would be a good girl and get a head start on my stitching this time... and guess what I am on target!  Quite a surprise actually....

I have now stitched two of the three cards and they are already winging their way over to the UK and the Netherlands!  I hope the girls like them.

So what did I stitch?  Have a looksee....

Birthday card #1
Stitched for Ambersilk (Heather) in the Netherlands.  I found this cute design in the Cross Stitch Collection magazine issue 198.  This kitty is one of four designed by Lucie Heaton.  Heather has a black and white cat and this design was just so cute, how could I not stitch this one for her?

Finished stitching - Designed by Lucie Heaton
Cross Stitch Collection, issue 198
I decided not to over-do the card too much as the design is quite a large one. The "Happy Birthday" tag came from one of the papercrafting magazines in my stash and the jewels are from Spotlight.  I decided to put a yellow jewel in the centre of the flower to give it a little bit of extra bling!

Finished card for Ambersilk
Birthday card #2
Stitched for Stitchmadmummy (Debbie) in the UK.  For ages I have been wanting to stitch the Margaret Sherry X-stitching cat but just never got around to it.  So when it was time to look for a design for Debbie's card I went straight to the Margaret Sherry bookazine and low and behold there was the X-stitching cat looking out at me and just begging to be stitched.
Finished Stitching - Designed by Margaret Sherry
The Best of Margaret Sherry Bookazine
When I was stitching this one I kept thinking that I needed to do the card in purple and orange.  Not sure if it's the Halloween influence or if all of a sudden purple and orange are my favourite colour combinations!  The paper is again a freebie from one the papercrafting magazines that I have sitting in my stash, and I used gold brads to attach the stitching to the card.  Again after searching my stash I found some really cute purple buttons to add to the Happy Birthday tag.  They were also one-time freebies from a magazine.  That's why we keep these freebies as you never know when they will come in handy!! 

Finished card for Stitchmadmummy
Card #3 is due in the US at the end of November so I will get that one done in a couple of weeks time.

Earlier this month it was my birthday and therefore my turn to receive the cards from all my Craftbubble friends.  Below are the photos of what everyone sent me.  One of the girls even sent a stitched kitty Christmas card!  Also in the photos are the gifts that some of the girls sent - a couple of kits, some bangles, fridge magnet and a bookmark.  Did you notice all the grey kitties that the girls stitched for me?  Aren't they just gorgeous?


Just before I go I have one more little finish to share with you.  My next project is to be the Margaret Sherry fan blog Christmas SAL, but until now I hadn't started it as I have been trying to work out what to do and how to finish the designs.  So while the brain went through a number of different alternatives (all of which I threw out the window) I thought why not do another little design while I was thinking - and this is it!

Christmas Kisses Card Kit - designed by Margaret Sherry
The World of Cross Stitching, issue 181
This sweet little freebie came from the World of Cross Stitching magazine, issue 181.  It was actually very quick to stitch up although I nearly threw it out the window a number of times.  The thread in the kit was fraying constantly and the end result isn't as crisp as I would have liked - it's a bit fluffy in places.  I suspect the threads weren't a good quality thread like Anchor or DMC but a cheaper brand which is a shame, but overall it is a lovely design.


I am going to make this into a little pillow using Christmas fabric.  I have even had a thought that I could stuff it with the 2011 TUSAL ORT's!

So that's what I have been up to over the last couple of weeks...  no wonder I haven't had much time to do any blogging I have been too busy stitching!

I will be back again very soon to show you my new start and also to share with you what arrived in the mail the other day!

Til next time, take care and happy stitching

6 comments:

  1. Those are such pretty cards that you stitched for your friends! It's great that you kept all the freebies from magazines! Wonderful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards all around - your friends will love the ones that you have made for them and the ones that you received are too cute for words.

    Happy Birthday to you, too.

    Hugs Kaye xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello dear, i love your cards so much..they are so sweet..i am sure heather and debbie will love them so much..lucky girls :)
    wow so many sweet cards you received from your friends..they are all so sweet..
    sweet christmas finish..this is on my to do list too..hopefully soon i will stitch it ..
    lots of love for you..hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet cards!!
    Happy Birthday to you - I hope it was a good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work and gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards!!! Can't pick only one as favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)