I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

You can't stop the music!

No, this post is not about the Village People's movie... oh that was bad.....  This post is all about my latest finish for Quilts 4 Kids.

The design that I picked to stitch this time is actually called "Cheerful Notes" and in the end it has turned out to be a cheerful little quilt square. 

Kaitlyn M's theme is "Music and Dance" and when I saw this design I thought it was the perfect one for her.  I hope that Kaitlyn will like it when it is finally added to her quilt.

"Cheerful Notes"
Gloria and Pat Design
Stitched for Quilts 4 Kids - Kaitlyn M
The stitching took me slightly longer to do than I had planned due to little old me succumbing to the dreaded lurgy and not feeling like stitching for a couple of weeks.  But that is hopefully all long gone now and stitching mode is back in full swing!

Now that I have finished my last Quilts 4 Kids quilt square for the time being what I am going to do next....

Well, I have 3 November birthday cards to stitch for the Craftbubble "Crazy for Kitties" birthday exchange and also I have signed up to do the Margaret Sherry Bloggers SAL #2 also due in November; I also have to finish SAL #1 (hanging my head in shame...) and finally the "Crazy for Kitties" group are possibly going to be doing another Christmas exchange which I will be joining again if it goes ahead.  So I have lots of nice little bits and pieces to keep me amused for the next couple of months.

My current stitching is the first of the birthday cards.  I found these cute little black and white kittens in "Cross Stitch Collection" Issue 198.  There are four designs to stitch and it was a hard choice, but in the end I have chosen the one sitting with the watering can.  I may do another one as well.... who knows!

Cross Stitch Collection, Issue 198
Well lovely folks, that is it for now.... I must run off and take a photo of my ORT's jar as I have just realised today is the new moon!

See you all again real soon!  Til then, happy stitching!

7 comments:

  1. good morning dear, your cheerful notes stitching is looking so sweet..i love it..
    and your new stitching project is really very cute..it is on my to do list too..i love those cats so much..they really very sweet stitching..enjoy my dear and have a lovely day..hugs from cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful square! :)
    Oh I love that little kitty, so cute! =)
    Have a great Tuesday!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your Quilt square! Lovely design :)

    Very nice start to your kitten stitching. Can't wait to see it finished.

    Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo well done on the finish and glad to hear you are feeling better too :) and that cat is really cute as well :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quilt square,it is so beautifully stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitching is lovely :) I haven't seen that design before, and think it's absolutely beautiful. I'm sure that she will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥