I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday's Stitching Update

Hello fellow bloggers....  I hope that this post finds you all safe and sound around the world.  Over the last few weeks there has been so much going on with hurricanes and earthquakes it makes you wonder what is happening to our lovely planet.

Today I am at home with a revolting sore throat and headache... but I am not getting a cold or the flu... ok, bugs you heard that so go away!  So far this winter I have managed to avoid all the dreaded flu bugs that have been going around and I do not intend to succumb now!!


The bonus of being home today though is that I am managing to finally catch up on my blog reading....  I can't believe how busy all these very clever crafty people have been since I last went wandering in blogland.  I really must go for a wander more often!  I apologise to everyone for my lack of wandering, but unfortunately the hours in the day just don't seem long enough to do everything I want to do.... Reading some of the posts on the blogs that I follow it seems to me that most of us are in the same situation.

I do have a small stitching update for you.  Over the last couple of weeks I have been slowly (and I mean slowly!) stitching on the latest quilt square for "Quilts 4 Kids".  This square is a "Gloria and Pat" design called "Cheerful Notes".  It is a really nice design to stitch now that I have got the hang of all the quarter stitches in it!  At first I was doing half stitches, but when I looked at the coloured print of the design I realised that they would be better off being quarter stitches as they are supposed to represent lines or strings on the instruments. 

Below is where I was up to as of last night.  I am planning on getting a few hours in stitchng this afternoon so will give you all another update soon.

"Cheerful Notes" - design by Gloria and Pat
Quilts 4 Kids
Speaking of updates...

This is an update of a different kind.  When I did my TUSAL post a couple of weeks ago I took the photo outside in the back garden with the Nasturiums.
Nasturtiums 2 weeks ago
 Over the last week heaps of flowers have appeared and now the flowing patch looks like this....

Nasturims today!
Before I go, I must say thank you to all the wonderful people who comment on my posts.  I really appreciate you all taking the time to visit and read my blog and to post a comment.  I do try to respond to everyone's comments but unfortunately some of you have a "noreply-comment" which simply means that you don't have an email address in your profile.  If you would like a reply to your comment you can add your email address to your profile quite simply - you don't need to use your everyday email address as you can set up a gmail account just for blogging...  In the meantime, if I can't reply to you in person, I do thank you for stopping by and leaving your lovely comments on my blog.
Well that's it for this very quick update.  I will catch you all again soon...

Til next time, happy stitching!

6 comments:

  1. ooo hope you are feeling better soon and don't send it this way either farrrrr to much to do to be ill ..lol .. love the flowers they look soooo pretty :) .. well done on the stitching front it is looking lovely too ... and I just love browsing and saying hello to peeps and them saying hello back ..lol :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope that you get well soon and that it doesn't interfere with your stitching. Love the nasturtiums and lovely stitching.
    hugs Kaye xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello dear, i hope you feels better soon..all my fairy wishes are with you..
    lovely stitching my dear like always..me sending you lots of hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your flowers and your cross stitch and quilting is so beautiful. Thanks so much for visiting me. Have a great week.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sweetie I hope you're feeling better by now!! =/
    Sweet hug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you feeling better, dear?

    Your nasturims are gorgeous!!! They must bring such a smile to your face.

    Violin is looking great.... looking forward to seeing the finish. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥