I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Life is like a box of chocolates....

I'm back... in the land of the living that is!  Thank you all for your lovely comments on my last post when I told you that I was a wee bit sick....

Well, I was sick alright!  I had tonsillitis, headaches and joint pain, and generally felt very under the weather.  After a week of antibiotics, today is the first day that I have woken up without a sore throat and hopefully tonight I won't end up with sore shoulders and wrist joint pain again.  I have hardly done any stitching on "Cheerful Notes" - last week I just felt too ill to sit too long and stitch and then with the pain in my shoulders and wrists still hanging around in the evenings I haven't been able to do much at all this week.

Still positive thoughts - it's Wednesday today, which means after tomorrow I have 3 days off again and I will hopefully be back into a major stitching catch-up zone!!!  Stay tuned.....

I did have something happen on Friday that brighten me up - there was a package in the mail from the lovely Nia in Portugal.

A few weeks ago I entered and won Nia's blog giveaway and the prize was a lovely box filled with crafty goodies.  They are packed so sweetly in a lovely chocolate box.... just look at these cute cupcakes full of craft candy!

Candy and Postcards from Nia
Layer 1 - pink candy
Layer 2 - blue candy
Getting the "Royal Felix" seal of approval.
Oscar was on the cupboard as well
but wouldn't stand still long enough to get in the photo!
Nia also sent me a couple of postcards from Portugal... and one of the postcards was about the legend of the "Cock of Barcelos".  This postcard really made me smile as we have one!  I have admired the little roosters from afar for a long time, and then a few months ago the local newsagency/gift shop got some in - so I bought one!
Just look at him in all his glory next to the postcard from Nia
Well fellow bloggers, that's it from me on a wet Wednesday in Perth.

Til next time happy stitching

8 comments:

  1. hello my dear friend, i hope you feel better soon..me sending you lots of get well soon wishes..with all my hugs and love..
    very lovely gifts..well done for winning the giveaway..very lovely goodies..enjoy them:)
    keep well and have a lovely week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling much better now.

    Love the gifties! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're feeling better. That is SO awesome about the Barcelos Cock!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I'm glad that my little package arrived to cheer you up a little =)
    I'm very happy that my candy box got "Royal Felix" seal! :D hahahhaha so cute!
    So cool that you have one portuguese rooster! I would never guess that! hehehe :)
    I hope you'll enjoy your new candies :) Happy crafting!! :D
    Hugs&Smiles to you sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like an awful combo of yuckies!

    Great gifts! Can't wait to see them put to use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you are feeling better now! My goodness - what a lovely gift from Portugal. I love the cupcake idea and may use that myself.
    I have a little rooster tile from Portugal that was gifted to me by a Portugese friend and had no idea of the story. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am happy to hear You are feeling better now :)
    Those "crafty-cupcakes" are a clever idea ,how lovely she had created two colour-themed layers to your chocolate-box :)
    The Rooster is cool !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful gifts from Nia, Noni. She's such a lovely lady. And I'm so sorry you were sick. That's no fun at all!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)