I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"Bee Happy" Hedgehog

Finally another small finish, and I really do mean a finish!  After I finished stitching the Margaret Sherry "Bee Happy" hedgehog design I decided to "finish" him off as a little hanging pillow. 

For some strange reason the image of this cute hedgehog as a pillow had been "brewing" in my imagination since I started stitching him.  I knew exactly where to find the perfect piece of fabric to back the pillow with too.  In hubby's stash!!

So I had everything ready to go: one finished piece of stitching, beautiful backing fabric, needles and thread, and a couple of spare hours on a Sunday afternoon.  As sewing machines and I don't generally get on as a rule, I hand stitched the first three sides and then stuffed the pillow and blind stitched side number 4!

Voilà!  We now have a lovely finished hedgehog pillow.

"Bee Happy" designed by Margaret Sherry
Cross Stitcher, June 2010
 
Love this fabric!
 Hubby used it as the border on his "Cat's Meow" quilt.
This is such a happy design, don't you think?  I really loved stitching this design and enjoyed finishing it off as a pillow.  It's not very often that a design gives my imagination such a thump as this one did!  I am really pleased that I allowed my brain to "go with the flow" so to speak.  I do hope that my imagination keeps on bringing ideas to the surface as it might mean I will "finish" off a few more stitched items rather than filing them away in my completed project file.

Til next time when I will have some more stitching updates for you, take care and happy stitching!

10 comments:

  1. So cute! Brought a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute finish. Love the backing fabric too. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, very sweet and the backing fabric is a perfect match xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute and happy, I love your little hanger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh cute and fabric is perfect for it :) well done and long may the flow continue ..lol love mouse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooooooooooooooooo sweet..well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHHH Noni - I love your little hedgehog. He is just so sweet and the fabric is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So bright and cheerful, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this design :) You did a great job finishing it, congrats sweetie!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)