I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, August 15, 2011

All can be revealed!

Hello again!

Remember when we last left our intrepid crafty circle it looked like this:


Well, now I can reveal the final product!  Amber has emailed me to say the parcel arrived safe and sound in the UK so I can now show you all what I made.


Finished thank you gift for Amber

All packaged and ready to go!

To create the wall hanging I painted the background with a cream colour and then overpainted with a crackle medium.  Once that was dry I sponged on the blue around the outside to leave the centre cream, but unfortunately the crackle didn't work!  So after the blue dried, I then sponged on some silver paint to give it a bit of oomph! 

Then I raided my box of stamps and found the Adam Prescott stamp with the zebra.  I specifically wanted to have a zebra theme as zebra's are part of the EDS motto.  (For those of you that read Amber's blog "Relentless Stitching" you will know that she suffers from EDS.)

After stamping the image on the wood I then painted it - this turned out to be trickier than I first thought as my brushes weren't thin enough.  But I decided to try a bamboo skewer for some of the smaller and thinner parts of the image, and the writing - and my improvisation worked!

I spent a couple days trying to think of the right wording when finally I got one of those light bulb moments.... I went to my cross stitch mags to see what might be in there!  And low and behold I found the perfect words.... good old Newton's Law came to the rescue!!!

Hey presto!  A few hours later and we had a very happy Noni because the little wall hanging was finished and turned out pretty darn good!  Amber has put up a post on her blog showing it off as well... so pop on over and say hi to Amber at Relentless Stitching.

Before I sign off I have one more thing to do.... I haven't told you what I bought with the HAED gift certificate that Amber sent me.  Most of you will know that HAED has just had a sale... yippee!  More bang for your buck so to speak!  I bought 3 gorgeous new charts (2 by Randal Spangler and a Melissa Dawn cat).  Oh, and I just noticed that they have another sale on right now until midnight 17/8!

"High Tea"
Randal Spangler

"Medieval Shelf"
Randal Spangler

"Phantom of the Masquerade"
Melissa Dawn
Aren't they all so gorgeous!  Thank you so much Amber for your very generous giveaway prize.

Well my dear friends, it is time for me to go and get a nice cuppa and something to eat for lunch...  Hopefully I won't leave it too long between posts next time.  I do have a stitching update to for you so watch this space!

Til next time, happy stitching!



6 comments:

  1. That little Zebra is adorable! What a lovely gift!

    Gotta love a sale! :D
    Gorgeous new charts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice handmade gift you made! The saying is perfect. I love the HAED cat chart! Can't wait to see you start on it. What pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift! You put so much thought and talent into it.

    Great choices on the HAEDs. Spangler is a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the little zebra is so cute..i love him so much..
    i really love the haed charts..cant wait to see your progress on them..happy stitching xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the three charts you chose, dragons and cats - my two favourite animals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did such a great job with the wall hanging, well done. Love the new charts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)