I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Totally Useless SAL Update - New Moon 30 July 2011

Wow, 2 new moons this month!  And hasn't this month flown by.  I can't believe that today is the last day of July and tomorrow it will be the first day of August!  Very scary how time flies by these days!

This ORT report sees my little ORT's jar full of some more lovely colours from the smalls that I have been stitching over the last couple of weeks.  Yet again I have had to squish the ORT's down to give me room for some more ORT's over the coming months.

What has contributed to the ORT's jar this month: well, not a lot actually - I have stitched on the Cherry Blossom flower fairy, Kiri the Kitten and the Margaret Sherry Hedgehog.  And that is all... so unfortunately not a lot of ORT's to show off this month.

This new moon's photo has been taken sitting next to the latest addition to my snow globe collection - I now have 3!!

My stepson (Jack) went over to Russia during his Uni break in July.  He was there for 2 weeks on a research field trip in Siberia with a number of other Uni students from around the world looking at the glaciers and changes in the ice.  He also had a couple of days in Moscow either side of the field trip in which he did quite a bit of sightseeing.  He had a great time and found the whole trip quite intriguing and fascinating.  Before he went I asked him to try and find me a Russian snow globe and he did!  It is only a little one, but it is perfectly formed!!
TUSAL Update - New Moon 30 July 2011
ORT jar pictured with Russian snow globe from Moscow
For more info on the TUSAL pop over to Daffycat's blog.

Til the next new moon on 29th August 2011, happy stitching and may your collection of ORT's keep growing!

New Moons - 2011
29 August
27 September
26 October
25 November
24 December

2 comments:

  1. Love your TUSAL and your snow globe - I must get onto the 2012 TUSAL blog next year.

    cheers, Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy ,happy,I am so happy! You won the giveaway on Nias blog!!

    I have some pretty pictures from our summer cottage on my blog . It is very beautifull now in Finland,we have thousands of lakes and nature is very green everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥