I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Long awaited stitching update!

Guess what!  I have some finishes at long last.... only little ones but every little bit helps!

So where did we get up to in the last stitching update....

The Flower Fairy is now finished.  She was a free gift with Issue 176 of World of Cross Stitching.  I finally finished her on the weekend - unfortunately I ran out of DMC 779 which was the backstitch colour and it would happen to be one of the colours that I don't have in my stash... so I had to wait til I went to Spotlight to pick up some more! 

Now that she is finished I have to think of what to do with her....  Well, I think a plan is forming in this pot of treacle I have as a brain....  While we were out on Saturday we popped into the quilting shop as hubby had to pick up a foot for the Janome and I had a squizz at the Flower Fairy fabric that they had.  While they didn't have the Cherry Blossom fairy (which this little lady is), they did have some cute little Apple Flower Fairy fabric.  So I bought some of that and some other fabric, and fingers crossed the plan that I have to turn her into a panelled/patchwork cushion will eventually crystallise in the brain and come to fruition!!


Kiri Kitten wasn't originally in my stitching plan!  However, when I bought the latest issue of Cross Stitch Card Shop (issue 78) the other day Kiri Kitten was the freebie!  Yep, you guessed it, I went home and started it straight away that night!  Kiri is now stitched and I am thinking that I will finish it off as a birthday card for my Craft Bubble "Crazy for Kitties" birthday exchange as the next one is due at the end of August.


Bee Happy Hedgehog is what I am currently stitching.  One of the benefits of going through my old magazines was that I have found all of these lovely freebies that I had forgotten about!  This is a Margaret Sherry design which came with the June 2010 issue of Cross Stitcher.  He is such a cute little hedgehog!   I have stitched all the white of his front but as it is in one thread it doesn't really show up on the photo.


No stitching update would be complete without a word or two about my Culinary Cat!  Oops, sorry haven't done anything on him lately.... hopefully next time I will have something to say about Culinary Cat.  He will get finished soon!

Oh, and guess what - I have signed up to do another Quilts 4 Kids square.  This one will be for Kaitlyn M.  Kaitlyn's theme is Music and Dance.  I have found a lovely Gloria and Pat design called "Cheerful Notes" that I am going to stitch for her.  So watch this space!

That's it for this stitching update.  Don't forget that the next new moon is due on 30th July which means it will be time for the ORT report!

Til then, happy stitching!

3 comments:

  1. What a lot of stitching! Love the little fairy and with the green fabric - it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've stitched two of those too! The flower fairy and the hedgehog. I changed the bs on the fairy on her red and on her wings. It was a nightmare sorting the threads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fairy! :) And that kitty is just the cuttest thing!!! Congrats on your finishes :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)