I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A different kind of stash!

Ooh aah!  Stash.... well sort of!

This is stash for the bookcase...... and chicken soup for the soul!

I recently started reading Jennifer Chiaverini's "Elm Creek" novels, and yes, you guessed it, I'm addicted.  I had read somewhere that once you start reading these novels you can't stop, and it is so true!  So far I have read 5 of the books but was struggling to find any more in the bookshops in Perth.

So what did I do - had a look on Amazon and ordered the whole lot!  I did get the first 3 novels (A Quilt Sampler) from Amazon and managed to find the next two in bookshops around Perth, but rather than keep searching bookshops here, I took the easy path...  As with all stash addiction - I wanted it and I wanted it now!

The first 2 boxes arrived today and the third one should arrive in the next couple of days.

Can't wait to start reading these!
Unfortunately the next one in the series is in the box that I am still waiting on!!
 While we were on Amazon we also bought the other couple of quilt pattern books that go with the Elm Creek novels.  So now hubby will have them in his book stash and I will have the novels in my book stash.  All very fair I thought!  We had already bought the first quilt pattern book when I bought the first 3 novels to see what it is like.  Definitely worth getting if you are a quilter; I have also found it good to look at it after reading the novels as I can then imagine the finished quilts better.
These might be hubby's but I will probably spend as much time "pawing" through them as he will!!
The Elm Creek novels are fantastic.  I have so enjoyed reading them, and even though I am not a quilter it doesn't matter as quilting is only part of the story, but it is the glue that binds all these characters together.  The characters almost become your friends, and when you finish one book you can't wait to pick up the next one to see what they are doing next.  If you haven't read these books, you really should try to find them - they are so worth it!  I so want to go on a quilting retreat!!

The author, Jennifer Chiaverini, also has a website and a blog "Elm Creek Quilts" which has all sorts of interesting info on it about her books and events.  She also designs fabric for a company called "Red Rooster Fabrics".  One very talented lady!

Well, that's enough from me for the time being - I had better get onto finishing my current read - Ken Follett's "Fall of Giants" - so that I can start on my next Elm Creek novel!

Til next time, happy stitching and happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. cooo that's a lot of stash to read ..lol and those quilt books look very interesting :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥