I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Totally Useless SAL update - New Moon 1 June 2011

Another new month begins and another new moon appears!  Where did May go?  Welcome to June 2011.  Here in the Southern Hemisphere it is the first day of winter, and here in Perth it is cold, windy and rainy with a chance of a thunderstorm.  Which is music to our ears - we so badly need the rain to fill up our dams so that the city will have water for summer.  Although I should be careful what I wish for!!

This month sees my little ORT's jar full of some more lovely colours from the quilt squares that I have been stitching.  They have been squished down again this month to give me room for some more ORT's over the coming months.

What has contributed to the ORT's this month: well, we had the cute puppy with his garbage can, then all the whites and oranges of the Precious Moments angel, then the MS Purrfect Partners, and finally a bit of the MS Culinary Cats and the MS Totally Tropical.

Next month should see me finish the Culinary Cats so the jar will be overflowing with pretty cat colours!

Last month when I took my TUSAL photo Felix wanted to join in - so this month I took the ORT's jar straight to the boy and took the photo while he was lazing around in his cat basket!

TUSAL update 1 June 2011

Oh, it is a hard life being a cat!!
I wonder where Felix and my ORT's will want to have their picture taken next month??  For more info on the TUSAL pop over to Daffycat's blog.

Quick Stitching Update

Now that my Quilts 4 Kids squares are all completed and sent off, I am back onto my Margaret Sherry Culinary Cats.  I managed to stitch a bit more on cat number 1 the other night... so now he has feet!

Culinary Cats (1) - Margaret Sherry
Cross Stitcher, Issue 222
I am also finishing off another Margaret Sherry freebie that came with yet another Cross Stitcher magazine.  My left shoulder was quite painful on Monday night and I didn't really feel like sitting at the table and holding the frame while stitching, so instead I sat on the couch surrounded by cushions supporting my left shoulder and stitched on "Totally Tropical" for a while.

This is another small UFO that I started some time ago and put away.  I put this one away because of the top of tree - it is all half cross stitch (which are quick and easy) but two of the symbols are the same colour, one in 2 threads and one in 1 thread so I kept losing my place!  But over the last couple of nights I have managed to get quite a bit of the tree top stitched.  I noticed on the stitched model, that was on the cover of the kit, that the stitcher did all of the half cross stitches as full cross stitches..... not sure if she made a mistake or if they changed the design for the magazine, but I think by the time I have finished the half cross stitches it will actually be nicer as the cat will stand out more.

As I now have 6 days off.... I will alternate between the 2 Margaret Sherry designs and hopefully have a finish to show on Monday.
Totally Tropical - Margaret Sherry
Cross Stitcher Issue 201
Til the next new moon on 1st July 2011, happy stitching and collecting of ORT's.


New Moons - 2011
1 July
30 July
29 August
27 September
26 October
25 November
24 December

7 comments:

  1. your stitching looks fantastic.. cant wait to see the end result. have a great couple of days off!
    Sal

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo felix is soooo cute :0 well done on the stitching front :) and have a great few days off :) looking forward to the finishes :) love mouse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so much Margaret Sherry stitching :) heheheh I'm loving to see that :D
    Hope your shoulder will be better soon =/
    Sweet hug, Nia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looooove those Margaret Sherrys, Noni. Felix is so cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful ORT update! I think your ORT guard is rather the lazy sort, though!

    I've been watching your MS kitties with interest. They are such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. May did fly by, didn't it? Felix is sooooo handsome and looks so content in his bed. :o) I have a tough time getting my cats to be still enough to take a photo, they are always wanting me to pet them. LOL Your Margaret Sherry pieces are so cute! I hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Noni,
    and greetings from opposite side of o the planet again :)

    Your Felix is adorable,I can imagine how thick and soft his hair is..

    Lovely Margaret Sherry stitching again,those cooking cats are so cute.

    Chatelaines charts are fantastic and very special ,I have not yet stitched any but have seen beautiful pics on the blogland.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)