I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday on my mind!


It's Friday! It's Friday! I do so love Fridays.....

This week has only been a short working week for me (3 days as Monday was a public holiday) but gee I am shattered!  Normally I manage to fit 5 days work into 4, but trying to fit 5 days work into 3 days doesn't necessarily go!  But I did it!  Managed to get most of my work completed by the time I left yesterday - what I didn't get done can afford to wait til Monday.

So here we are again - it's Friday and I am at home with my dog and my 2 puddy tats after sending my poor long suffering husband off to work..... That is the only bad thing about Fridays - hubby has to go to work while I stay home!!  I'm sure that he would much rather be at home quilting on a Friday than being at work.

I didn't get a chance over the weekend to post a stitching update as we had a very busy non-crafting weekend.  After all the rain during the week, the sun was out and shining on the weekend, so Saturday and Monday were spent out in the garden planting up the new garden beds and re-arranging the pots that had been moved while the patio was being re-done.  Hubby also re-planted all the strawberry plants - we have about 40 in total now!  Some are in the raised planter and the rest are back in the ground with lots of nice yummy manure.  Hubby also planted our new dwarf orange tree and olive, and got the lemon out of it's pot and finally into the ground!  The vegie patch is now ready for the raspberries and gooseberries which arrived in the post today.  So guess what tomorrow will be all about!!

On Sunday we went down to Fremantle and spent the afternoon out with my sister and her family.  After a lovely lunch we went wandering around Freo and into the markets and generally had a lovely day out.  The weather was just beautiful.  We both just love going down to Freo for the day.  It is so relaxing and the markets are a wonderful place to while away a couple of hours.  Although they do get very busy....  Hubby and I almost got lost in one of my favourite shops - The Blue Buddha.  I love going into the Perth shop and now I have found the Freo one!  Such beautiful things in there, but this time I did keep my credit card in my handbag... however we are going to have to go back in a couple of weeks as I want to look at getting another crystal pendant.

I did manage to get some stitching done while I had the couple of days off last week.  Culinary Cat number 1 is finished and number 2 has been started!  I also have been stitching a "crazy patchwork" cat for a birthday card which I need to finish this weekend to get in the mail to the UK.  I will post a pic of that once it's finished.
Margaret Sherry Culinary Cat No. 1 finished!
Oscar and Felix are still waiting to get their outdoor area finished.  Unfortunately the job is taking longer than expected and the fellow is back today to finish putting up the netting.  So fingers crossed and prayers to kitty angels it will be finished today and the boys can finally get back outside.  They have now been inside for 7 weeks!  That's an awful long time in a kitty cat's life!  Once it's all finished I will post a pic so you can see what we have done for our very spoilt cats!

Are they real or are they statues?
I have no idea what they were looking at......
but as you can see they are on my stitching again!
Til next time, happy stitching and have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. You have beautiful cats!! I love cats that grey color. And your stitching is cute!! Grats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo you have been busy :) our allotment is looking very green atm ..lol and we have baby chickens too :) love the picture I think they are sending messages to get it done hahahaha and the speciality threads in your work are unique heheheh love mouse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Friday! I took half the day off and get to leave in three hours (but I have to fit an 8 hour workday into that time) so what am I doing? Perusing your blog and drooling over your kitties. They're gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing more culinary cats, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on your first finish for MSherry's SAL :D Looks adorable!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)