I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Friday, June 24, 2011

Cats and Quilts...

Q:  What does a cat do when presented with a nice warm lap covered with a lovely snuggly quilt?

A:  He snuggles up and goes to sleep!

One happy cat!!
Daisy dog is snuggled up in the background on her bed!
Notice the dog does move!!!
Last night Hubby settled down to unpick the quilting on the quilt that he is making for his youngest son's 21st birthday.  After quilting about half he decided he didn't like the free-motion quilting that he did - so out it is coming....  Now, back to the story!  After Hubby made himself comfortable on the couch with unpicker and ORT's jar a certain young puddy tat decided it was time to have a sleep on the couch next to Dad, but when he discovered that Dad had a quilt on his lap... well, that was different - couch or Dad's lap with a quilt on it!!  Dad's lap won hands down!  So the evening passed with Oscar asleep on Hubby's lap while Hubby unpicked his quilting....

This week has been yet another busy week at work even with the boss away for the week!  We are now in winter's cold grasp and amazingly we are actually getting some decent rain.  The weekend, and most of next week, has more rain forecast too, so fingers crossed, and with a little bit of help from the Gods above we will actually see some of that precious rain start to flow into the dams....

I haven't done a lot of stitching this week - have been way too tired to do too much at night after work, but I do have a bit of stitching update for you.




Margaret Sherry Culinary Cat 2 - kitty is now almost half done, and he is now looking pretty cool!  Looking forward to finishing him off and starting number 3.






Flower Fairy - this cute little fairy is coming along quite nicely.  I have been alternating between the kitty and the flower fairy over the last week and they are now both on the home run.




Finally, one last little pic... on Saturday Hubby and I went to Spotlight to participant in the sale!  I was good... but Hubby found some nice new fabrics to add to his stash.  I did find this cute little box though.  It is a Gutermann thread box and was filled with 4 or 5 coloured sewing threads which Hubby has added to his stash and the box is in my stitching box.  Have no idea what I will use it for.. but I'm sure it will come in handy to store needles or scissors or even ORT's!!



With our weather forecast like this for today and the weekend

You will probably find me doing this....... albiet with stitching in one hand and a cuppa of tea in the other!!


Til next time, hope you have a wonderful weekend and get lots of stitching done!

6 comments:

  1. Oh leonie - your beautiful furbabies are just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is one cozy cat. Enjoy your stitchy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. heheh nice lap cat ..lol and hope you enjoy the rain and get lots stitched too :) love mouse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!! He looks soooooo comfy, Noni.

    Pretty stitching updates... I love the soft colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahah "the dog does move" LOL :D
    Great stitching progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Your stitching is very pretty, I especially like the fairy you are working on. Love the fact that you have a husband that quilts :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥