I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Totally Useless SAL update - New Moon 3 May 2011

Well, well, well.... here we are again!  Another new month and another new moon! 

This month sees my little ORT's jar full of some lovely colours from all the quilt squares that I have stitched.  I have had to squish them down a bit this month so now I am developing quite a tight little mound of ORT's in this jar.  Next year I think I will start with a bigger jar!

This month's photo has been taken next to a very surprised flower fairy (angel) sitting in the cat's basket....  I took a couple of photos of the ORT's and the fairy in different locations around the house but decided to use this photo as it came out the best!

So what has contributed to the ORT's this month: well there was all the browns from the monkeys, then the whale with all it's grey threads, and now finally the puppy with his pretty colours.

TUSAL 3 May 2011
While I was looking for TUSAL photo locations I was joined by superstar Felix!  Or should I say "Australia's Next Top Cat"!  Felix decided to lay across the end of the table watching me find the perfect spot so I decided that maybe he would like his photo taken with the ORT's - it seems that he did.  No sooner had I put the jar next to him he started to move it to the perfect position and then lay there with his paw on it - as you can see by the photo below!  So this month I have two TUSAL photos!

Felix and the ORT's
Sounds like the title of a good book!!
I wonder where my ORT's will want to have their picture taken next month??  For more info on the TUSAL pop over to Daffycat's blog.

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date - Stitching Update

Now for a quick stitching update on the puppy quilt square that I am trying to finish off... I know it's late!  But it is almost done - last bit of backstitch tonight and it will be in the mail tomorrow - unwashed this time though.  Never mind that's what happens when you get sick and don't feel well enough to stitch for any length of time!
Puppy quilt square for Jacob K (Quilts 4 Kids)
I have really enjoyed stitching this puppy and I think that I will stitch another one from the booklet at some stage.  They have such cheeky little faces!

Chart Booklet designs by Debra Page
Til next new moon on 1st June 2011, happy stitching and collecting of ORT's.

6 comments:

  1. Your puppy looks so adorable!! =)
    I hope to see another one soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely jar of ORT's you have there and your cat is absolutely adorable :) Hope you are beginning to feel better now hun :) xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felix is a beautiful ort model!

    How cute is your playful pup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your ort jar is getting filled up pretty quickly. Love the puppy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ORT jar is bursting, Noni. Well done!!! Felix is so cute!!!! Are his eyes that blue IRL? Gorgeous!!!

    Great job on the square. I love the banana peel on his head. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ORT jar looks great, but even better with your cat. He should be in every update. The puppy square is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)