I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Purffect Partners

Hello again.... It's Sunday afternoon and I have been fiddling around doing some blog stalking, updating my photo album on FB, and now I thought I'd do a quick post to show you my latest little finish, and also what I have added to my stash!

Last Saturday hubby and I went off the Craft and Quilt Fair.  We try to go every year when it's on as it really is our only chance to see all the wonderful crafting ideas that are out there in one spot, especially the quilting stuff for hubby.  This once a year treat always comes to town around hubby's birthday so he gets to spend up big, and he also gets to choose his own pressie.... This year was no exception - the credit card got a workout as hubby spent lots of $$ on quilting stash... Meeza was very good in comparison!  Hubby could have spent more... I saw him drooling over the Husqvarna Viking sewing machines!!  Last time he drooled over a Husqvarna it was a ride on lawn mower and we bought it!!!  This time we were good and kept the credit card in our pockets...  By the way - I never did get to use the Husqvanrna lawn mower - I used to do my mowing on the old green Victor ride one!  It was much safer coz when I ran into things it didn't matter with the old one!!!  But that's another story...

Anyway, I digress... as is my want to do!!!

At the show I did buy three new kits to add to the ever increasing stash in the drawer!  I bought two Dimension kits - "Maggie the Messmaker" and "Kitty Litter".  That was going to be all until I saw the "Colours Down Under" stall and drooled over a finished and framed Chatelaine Designs "Taj Mahal Mandala Garden".

I have followed Joyce's stitching of the Taj Mahal on her blog Random Ramblings and thought that the design was stunning.  And then to see it in real life and up close.... wow!  So I decided to buy a small Mandala... or rather a chart pack of 3 small ones and at some stage over the next 12 months I will give one of them a go.....  So watch this space!
Latest addition to the stash drawer!
As you know I have recently been stitching a number of quilt squares for Quilts 4 Kids so I haven't stitched much of anything else of late!  After finishing my last quilt square, I decided to stitch something small, or even finish off a small UFO (of which there are many to choose from) before carrying on with my Margaret Sherry Culinary Cats.  So I went through the basket of UFO's and had a quick look at all the freebies in the box.. and what did I decide to finish... well another Margaret Sherry design!  Just to warm me up for my culinary cats!

I can't remember when I started stitching the "Purrfect Partners" cats.  They came as a freebie with Cross Stitcher issue 196, February 2008 but I do know that I didn't start them that long ago!  I think I started them around this time last year and for some reason put them away... as you do!  So I decided that they would be my next finish! I finished off the last of the backstitch this morning while waiting for my brother and his family to come and visit.
Purrfect Partners - Margaret Sherry
Cross Stitcher, Issue 196
 
Purrfect Partners finished 29 May 2011
No longer a 2010 UFO!
Another 2011 finish to add to the list.... now I will go back to my MS Culinary Cats and work on them for the next couple of weeks and get them finished off. 

Just before I go....  what else does a dog and cat do on a very windy and cold winter's afternoon while mum is playing on the computer???

They cuddle up together! 
Daisy to Oscar - you do know this is my bed, don't you???
I had to take a photo of Oscar and Daisy asleep together as this is quite a rare occurrence.  Whenever the boys try to sleep with Daisy she gets jittery and moves away... but this time she obviously decided that sleep was what she wanted and if she had to share with the cat... well so be it!!!

Daisy - Oh blow it... I will just ignore you - you are not there!
I don't see you.....
Purrfect Partners indeed!
Til next time, happy stitching!

5 comments:

  1. Nice new stash. Love those kitties. They are so cute done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stash enhancement. You will love the Chatelaine. They do turn out so beautiful. She also has some nice small freebies on her webpage if you're interested. Love the pic of Oscar and Daisy. Typical cat, forcing the owner of the bed off the side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo glad you enjoyed the show and were reasonably good hehehe ... love the stash you got and the photo's are wonderful of the furbabies together:)
    love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw your finish on Msherry Fan Blog! Adorable adorable adorable =) Lovely work!
    And congrats for finish one UFO ;) That's always a great achievement ;)

    Oh! I love that pattern with the kittens on the basket! It's so cute =) I know it for a few years but I'm not strong enough to stitch it.. I think that would take me a lifetime to finish :p heheeh
    I'm so curious to see that one! I hope that's the one you'll pick to start :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome photos - Daisy is very tolerant to allow Oscar on the bed this time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)