I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Totally Useless SAL update - New Moon 3 April 2011

Here we are again - another new moon today.  I can't believe how quickly 2011 is flying by...

The ORT's have been multiplying away quite happily this last month.  I have actually had to push them down in the jar - maybe I had better find a bigger jar soon!

This month the ORT's are made up of the last of the butterfly that I stitched for Quilts 4 Kids, a bit of my Margaret Sherry cat that I must finish.... and Eeyore and Friends which I stitched for Quilts 4 Kids, and the browns of the monkeys that I have just started.  So quite a variety of colours with the blue of Eeyore starting to disappear under the brown of the monkeys!

Will post a monkey update in the next couple of days....

TUSAL 3 April 2011
(The red rose is from our garden)
This new moon finds my ORT's playing with the snow globe that hubby bought back from Sydney for me.  Unfortunately I didn't get to go this time but maybe next time ORT's and I will be able to tag along on his junket!!  I wonder where my ORT's will want to have their picture taken next month??
For more info on the TUSAL pop over to Daffycat's blog.

Stitching update:

Eeyore and Friends was finished on 30 March 2011.  I just need to wash and press it and then pop it in the mail to Quilts 4 Kids to be added to the quilt of Alexis W.  I really enjoyed stitching this and it was actually quite a quick stitch - especially after the very long "Wings" one....  Would quite happily to do this one again!

"Eeyore and Friends"
Stitched for Alexis W - Quilts 4 Kids
World of Cross Stitching, issue 170
Til next new moon on 3rd May 2011, happy stitching

10 comments:

  1. Really lovely ORTs, Noni! Don't worry, they pack in pretty tight so I bet your jar will be big enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pooh and his friends are always so adorable =)
    Congrats on your finish!
    Have a great week sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwh, I loooooove Eeyore and Friends. How adorable is that? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is one full ORT jar. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finish on you EEyore and friends.

    Your ORT jars are doing pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Noni
    Thank you for stopping by my blog ~ lovely to meet you.
    I see you share you house with furry friends too, it's so rewarding isn't it and obviously we both share a very good taste in names!
    Love to see a Pooh Bear stitch, they're always so colourful and fun.
    Have a good day!
    Jane
    (Buttons & Stitches x x x)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for visiting my blog, always nice to meet fellow stitchers. Lovely finish on your winnie the pooh piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Noni!

    So nice to hear that you liked my pictures with all that snow we have.
    Actually spring is coming little by little but after couple of warmer weeks we have had again colder nights ( -16C).
    Fields around our house are still covered with snow.
    I would be happy to see some picture how it looks outside Your house ??!

    Your cats playing with the tennis-balls were so cute!!
    They really had great fun :)

    I remember that Eyore-pattern from that magazine ,it is so
    heart-warming that you stitched it for a charity!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, your Pooh finish is just too precious! Lovely job Noni :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)