I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!


I hope that everyone is having a safe and happy Easter.  We are having a very quiet break and making the most of the time off work to catch up on some gardening and some crafting.  I am still in recovery mode after having had a very nasty bout of Gastro for over week...  finally on the mend!  Just in time to eat chocolate!!!  Although chocolate and diets don't mix very well!

While I was off work sick for the week I did manage to get some stitching done - but not as much as I would have liked.  The first few days weren't very nice and most of the time I just wanted to lie around and sleep...  I didn't even spend any time on the computer so I am very, very behind in my blog reading.  So I must apologise for not visiting you all and seeing what you've been up to lately.  I hope to rectify that this weekend!

So what have I been up to since my last post 2 weeks ago... can you believe it has been that long since I last posted!  Don't know where the time has gone too.

In my last stitching update I had almost completed 2 of the 4 monkeys for Wyatt A's quilt square.  Well, now all 4 have been stitched and the finished square has been sent to Quilts 4 Kids.
"Monkeys"
Stitched for Quilts 4 Kids (Wyatt A)
Corner 1 - Cross Stitch Crazy, Issue 134
Corner 2, 3, 4 - Cross Stitch Crazy, Issue 112
I have also managed to complete the whale square for Zachary L.  Zachary's theme is sea life (beach, water & sea creatures).  I found the perfect whale pattern on the Cyber Stitchers website.  Lots of grey stitches to do but this design stitched up reasonably quickly.  And no back stitch!  Bonus....
"Whale Spraying" - free design Cyber Stitchers
Stitched for Quilts 4 Kids (Zachary L)
And now I have started the next one.... a cute little puppy for Jacob K.  His theme is Dogs and Puppies.  The design that I chose to stitch for Jacob is from a Debra Page chart booklet called "Playful Pups".  I started this one last night and hopefully will get it finished by the end of the weekend.  Fingers crossed.....  Will post a picture once I have stitched a bit more - nothing much to see at the moment!

Once I have stitched Jacob's puppy I have one more square to do for the Quilts 4 Kids project and then I will be able to catch up on some of my other stitching - such as my Margaret Sherry cats!  While I have been busily stitching the quilt squares I haven't had time to stitch anything on my three cats.  But I will get back on to them in the next couple of weeks or so.

Not only have I been busy stitching, but I have also been a bit naughty.....  I have added to my stash!  Not that it needed adding to but the items were on sale at the Fox Collection, and what could I do!!  I just had to have them....
"Flowerpot Kitty"
"Departure by Leah Jakusovksy"
HAED "Peacock & Doves in a Garden by Eugene Bidau"
Well, that's about it for this update.  We have some lovely rain today (at long last) so I am going to sit in front of the telly and watch a Midsomer Murders episode or a good movie and do some stitching!  Just for something different on a Sunday (not!).

I hope that everyone has a safe and happy Easter, don't eat too much chocolate, take some time out to relax and reflect on what this time of the year means to us all, and I'll see you all again real soon.

Take care, til next time

6 comments:

  1. OOo the quilt squares will be loved by their new owners when they get them made up :) hope you have recovered even more ... nowt worse that the dreaded lurg :( and good treat there on the stash haul ;)
    Happy Easter love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That whale is so adorable =)

    Happy Easter!

    ::: (\_(\
    .*: (=' :')
    •.. (,('')('')

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better and don't eat all of my choccy will you!!!!!MXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter!!

    I absolutely LOVE the monkey's they are sooooooo adorable!!! Monkey's are one of my favorite critters!!

    The whale is adorable!! And always a plus with no back stitching LOL

    Glad you're feeling better .. I have had those weeks where all you want to do is sleep the day away and feel better!!!

    Love the stash!! the kitty in the flower pot looks so cute!!!


    Glad all is well with you!!
    Hugs
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice You visited my blog again!

    You have been busy stitcher again ,I just love the happy little whale!

    Who would not like to buy some new stash!? :)

    I am waiting my order of some Cross Stitch magazines from French and USA to come today and
    there will be some pretty floss and two charts also in the package :) :)

    Your Kitten in the Flower-pot-kit is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)