I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Wings and a play!

I know, it should be "on a wing and prayer".... but in this instance I am talking about "Wings" and a kitten playing!

I finally finished "Wings" yesterday - yipee!  This design did take a little bit longer to stitch than I had hoped - not all down to my slow stitching.  The issue with this pattern, which I didn't notice til I started stitching, was the original printing of the pattern.  The detail in the design didn't always match the symbol legend so it did take some nutting out in places to get the colours right, and even then I'm not sure if they were right!

I also modified the design slightly by adding the little butterfly on the left and changing around the flowers.  I also didn't stitch all the flowers as doing so would have made the design too big for the specified square dimensions.

Overall I am quite pleased with the result.  Now I just need to wash and press it, and then pop it in the mail to the Quilts 4 Kids team.

"Wings" by DMC
Stitched for Sarah I (Quilts 4 Kids)
Stitched on 14ct white aida in DMC threads
I have had a look at some of the other squares that have been received so far for Sarah I - her quilt is going to be really lovely when it's finished with all the colourful butterfly squares.  All squares are due by the end of March so I will have to keep checking back on her pages to see what else arrives for her.

I also managed to spend a couple of hours on my February MS cat last night - I will now finish him off either today or tomorrow and then it is onto the next quilt square for Quilts 4 Kids.  I will be stitching Winnie the Pooh for Alexis W.  Quite looking forward to stitching a Pooh design.

Ok, so where is the kitten playing...  I have finally managed to get a photo of Felix playing before he spotted the camera and took off!  While I was sitting in the study this morning he came in and started playing with the cord from the venetian blind and was jumping around on the window sill trying to chase the leaves that were blowing around by the front door.  He was having such a lovely time amusing himself until he saw me take his photo and then he was out of here!  Oh well.....

Felix trying to chase leaves by the front door!

Felix playing with the venetian blind cord
That's all for this stitching update... I am now going to sign off blogger and go and do some ironing (boring) and then get back onto stitching.  Have a nice Miss Marple taped from last night to watch as well.  Not a bad way to spend a Monday Public Holiday, even if I do say so myself.

Til next time,

8 comments:

  1. Awwwww Felix is so cute!!

    I love the butterfly its beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your butterfly is beautiful - well done :-) Mx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your butterfly turned out beautiful!

    How funny that Felix doesn't like his photo taken, maybe he's afraid he'll get caught being naughty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the quilt finish, Noni. It's so beautiful and sweet!!! Sarah is going to love it.

    Felix is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your butterflye -stitching very much and little sarah will like it too :)

    Felix is so cute playing with the cord,it os always so fun to watch cats playing .
    Our Kittyes love little toy-mices tha have some colourfull feathers as a tail.
    Melissa (Melli)and Namine (Nami)loves to hide those mices in to the shoes or under the carpets :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! The butterfly turned out great! Very beautiful.

    Haha! Felix is adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Beautiful butterfly!! :)
    Happy Women's Day ƪ(ˆ◡ˆ)ʃ*

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely pattern to donate to that little girl :o) That is so sweet of you!

    Felix is funny! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)