I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Friends... where would we be without them?

Happy Monday to everyone!  This little post has been churning around and brewing in my poor addled brain since Friday, and I have finally been able to find the time to sit down and put it down on paper - so to speak!  On Friday something happened to spark the intial thought and then today something else happened that crystallised the thought pattern and I knew that I had to do this post.

Last week was a very busy week for me at work - one of the other Secretary's where I work was off sick.  Generally what happens when V is off work is that I look after her boss and keep things ticking over for her - which I did again last week.  No problems, always happy to do this (that's coz I'm such a nice person).  However, last week my job was busy as Monday was a public holiday and as I don't work Fridays (normally) I only had 3 days to do all my work in.... no problem - can do my job with my eyes closed - sort of.  The fly in the ointment was that V's boss was going overseas on business so her job was actually very busy.  So what do we have at the end of the week - a very tired and worn out Noni....  I also ended up working from home on Friday morning and then went into the office Friday afternoon - see I told you I was a nice person!!

This week will be more of the same except that V's boss is away so I can hopefully catch up on my work and get V's work under control - yep, she is still off work sick this week (she is not a well bunny at all).... so I am multi-tasking / multi-functioning again this week.... oh well, that's what I get paid to do, so I'm not complaining....

Sorry, the point of this post wasn't to rant on about work and how busy I am, nor how my brain has decided to start short circuiting.... I actually wanted to say how wonderful it is to have such caring friends...

On Friday morning I was feeling none too flash and not looking forward to going to work in the afternoon, when I got a lovely boost in the mail.  There among all the bills and other non-descript junk that gets put into the letterbox was a lovely card all the way from Emily in Florida *Emmie's Ramblings*.  It put a real smile on my face and gave me a much needed boost to get on with the day.... thank you Em, it was really sweet of you to send me the card to say hi, and it did make my day.

Emily's lovely card
Today was another day at work surrounded by masses of paper; emails coming in at the rate of a thousand knots and the phone ringing off the hook and that lovely red voice mail light flashing at me every time I put the phone down or came back to my desk....

....But what did I find on my desk one time I returned after I had been running up and down stairs delivering docs - a nice hot cup of tea!  Do you know when I saw it my brain went - "what, didn't I drink that this morning... I'm sure I did!"  Then I saw the note from Sally *Bizzi Hands* saying that she had made me a cuppa....   It really was just what I needed at the point in time - energy levels were running on empty - I had only had one cup of tea all day (I don't count the cup I have when I first get up - that is mandatory) and I was starting to feel the need for lunch (it was 1.30pm) so to see a lovely hot cup of tea sitting there waiting for me was a real treat - thank you Sally, what would I do without you to keep me sane?!?
Yep, this is what I look like when I need a cup of tea!
Image found on the web
Friends - what can we say about Friends?

"Friendship is the golden ribbon that ties the world together"

When this idea for a post starting brewing in my brain, I had a look on the internet for some quotes and sayings about friends.  Of which there are so many!  There are so many places that we meet people and make friends.  Some people are friends for a very short time and some become life long friends.  Some friends are in our lives to help us through difficult times and then they or we move on - these friends are often our Guardian Angels in human form.  True Friendship can spring from the smallest of moments as does True Love. 

I count my blessings that I have such lovely friends - whether they be people I know and speak to personally in the "real world" or be they people that I have met via blogs and online forums and speak to online and through emails.  All of these people have opened their lives and hearts to me and others around them.  Friends are there in the good times and the bad... friends laugh with you and cry with you - and they are there to give you the hug that you need when things are getting on top of you.

I am lucky to count my husband as my best friend, and my family as friends as well - not everyone in the world has that luxury.

With everything that is going on around the world at the moment we are need our friends more then ever, and hopefully we can reach out with both hands and tie that big golden ribbon around everyone else that needs a friend right now.
Yesterday brought the beginning, tomorrow brings the end, but somewhere in the middle we've become the best of friends.

Til next time,

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that my card came at just the right time to brighten your day!! Sometimes a little smile is all we need to make the world a better place!!

    I save the picture of the golden ribbon and I'm putting it in the sidebar on my blog .. just as a reminder of my friends!!

    HUGS
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto everything you said about friendship, Noni. I hope you have a less busy week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little things can totally turn your day around, what a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Small and honest gestures can completely change our day :)
    Friends are our greatest treasures =)
    Hugs&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always know how to bring a tear to my eye.:-)
    Hope I am at the front of the queue when it comes to giving you hugs - lots and lots of big warm cuddly hugs.
    Love you Mx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥