I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Couch Potato - what Couch Potato??

Well, I probably don't need to tell most of you how wonderful Margaret Sherry's designs look when they are stitched up - we all know and love her cats, dogs, hedgehogs etc.  But in this instance, I think I may have a first for you....

My husband is now a Margaret Sherry convert/lover as well however he isn't a cross stitcher - he is a quilter!  Recently he was going through some of my cross stitch mags looking for a small, simple design that he could turn into an appliqued quilt block.  He came across a number of suitable designs and tried out a couple of them, but then I showed him the 2009 Margaret Sherry calendar that came free with the "Cross Stitcher" magazine and he went into raptures.... well, sort of!  I'm pretty sure that he nearly started drooling over the cute little animals though!

Margaret Sherry 2009 Calendar
Freebie from Cross Stitcher magazine 2008

He immediately picked out a number of them that he could transfer and use as an applique quilt block and the first one he has completed is the "Couch Potato" dog.

The orginal design looks like this.....

Couch Potato dog

However, if you want to see what my hubby did with the couch potato you will have to go and visit his blog - Mark's Quilts.  I promise you it is worth seeing.  I am really surprised at how well it turned out!

So yet another source of pleasure is derived from Margaret Sherry's designs!

Til next time

3 comments:

  1. I think its awesome that your DH is so going through you patterns... I promise i wont tell him how many I have given you..

    See you soon. after an extra long weekend.
    Sal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah!...your cunning plan is foiled!!! I will find these secret patterns...(evil laugh fades into stage left).....
    DHx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to meet you, TUSAL is nise for finding new blgo friends. Loredana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥