I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Swap

Yesterday was Valentine's Day - the one day of the year that all the romantics are allowed to be romantic and no one can say anything!

For those of you that do celebrate Valentine's Day I hope that you had a lovely day.

Valentine's Day was extra special this year as I participated in Parsley's Valentines Swap along with a number of other bloggers/stitchers around the world.  Everyone has been very busy posting all their lovely pressies and linking via Parley's blog for everyone to see.

My swap partner was a lovely lady from Finland - Lumiruusu (Maija).  It seems that we both share a love of Margaret Sherry cats and were both thinking along the same lines with our stitching - as you will see!

Maija sent me this amazing box full of stitching and kits and threads, some MS charts, lollies, and the list goes on... I have to say that I was totally gob smacked!  The MS cat that she stitched and finished is just so gorgeous.  I was truly speechless going through what was in the box.... and believe me that is hard for me - I am very rarely speechless!!

What an amazing box of goodies!
Isn't this a delightful little MS Cat?
I love the way Maija has finished him off
Maija, thank you so very much for your beautiful gifts.  I really do appreciate all the time and thought that you put into the package.  I hope that we can stay in touch and I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful stitching.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day.  This swap has been great fun and I look forward to seeing what everyone else got for their Valentine's Swap.   Thank you to Parsley for organising the swap.

Til next time,

11 comments:

  1. Hello Leonie!

    I am so happy to know that you liked your swap.

    The scissor-fob with the lovely crystal-beads and a kitten-charm has been on my scissors since I get it as well as the coaster has been on our living-room table.
    the kitten on themug looks just like my cats.
    Thank you Noni!

    I have had the Flower Fairyes-pattern and the Tatty Teddy-kit on my stash for many years and I thought that they will have a better home on your place :)
    I already have more than 15 WIPS because I participated to
    the Crazy January Challenge 2011 and started a new pattern everyday
    from 1.1 to 15.1.2011.

    I would love to know a bit more about your cats,how old are they?
    What kind of personality do they have?
    I will read your blog!

    With best greetings,
    Maija.L. Finland

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely swap you received. I am more of a dog person but I too would have been speechless. It's all so special

    Thanks for joining in the swap. It was great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely box of exchange goodies. The pin-keep finish is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love that cat! I love MS too and just started my first one.
    You got some great goodies there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! No wonder you were speechless. That is amazing!

    You are very lucky :)

    Hope you had a great Valentine's day.

    Happy Stitching
    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Noni!! Such wonderful goodies!!!
    I'm glad you had a good Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your swap earlier on Maija's blog! Everything lovely, both parcels! :D
    Hugs&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful things!! Swaps are such fun and that's one of the coolest parts of the blog-community.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a box of goodies! What a fun swap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool stuffs...!! You're so lucky..
    And I love the MS Cat..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥