I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Started my February MS Cat

Hi everyone!  I have started my first cat.... on the last weekend of the month... I am not normally slow at starting these things but February has been an extremely short month for some reason....  I have also been very busy trying to finish off my butterfly for Quilts 4 Kids.  Almost done!

So anyway, on Saturday morning I went off to Spotlight (local craft shop) and bought my Aida and the missing colours that I needed.  Must be the "Stitchers Law" that no matter how many colours I have I never seem to have the right colour for the design that I am about to start stitching!

Even though the weather has been extremely hot and sticky and not really stitching weather, I did manage to get a couple of hours stitching in on Saturday afternoon and another couple of hours on Sunday afternoon - but unfortunately not as much as I would have liked.  Never mind!  I will get my sweet little cat finished in time to make a start on March's before the end of the March!!!

As you can see from the picture below, Oscar Bear decided that he had to be in on the action.  Felix was also there but decided to be camera shy at the precise time the flash went off.....

MS SAL - February cat (cat with recipe book)
I am leaving the white and light colours to the last in an effort to keep them clean!

If you would like to have a look at what the other Margaret Sherry Lovers have stitched for their February cats please drop into the MSherry Lovers Blog for a squizz.  There are some great cats appearing!  Can't wait to see what everyone is going to start stitching for March.

Til then, happy stitching

6 comments:

  1. I just love the butterfly you are working on. The colours are stunning.

    And you are converting me to Margaret Sherry patterns - yes I will try to quilt / applique the Couch Potato doggy - see how it turns out.

    What busy little bees we are :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the "Stitchers Law" it does.. it seems like NO Matter how many boxes of colors I have ... I never have all the right colors when I want to start a new project!!

    I can't wait to see how you progress on your Margaret Sherry Cat!! I know its going to be beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great start, Noni. Oscar Bear is soooo cute!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry sweetie, have fun while stitching your cat :)
    Maybe during March, you'll get to stitch both cats before the end of the month :)
    The important is to have fun!! :D

    I started with the jello cat, in March I will stitch the same your doing now :)

    Have a lovely week!!
    Hugs&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really looking forward to winter! Stitching can be horrid on a hot summer's day.

    Great start to the cat :)

    Very typical, Cats always seem to hang about more when we have our stitching out! lol

    Oscar is a cutie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sheri!

    The Margaret Sherry Cats are just the best of all and your stitching will be great :)

    I totally agree that
    "stitchers rule"
    even I had almost all DMC colours
    on my stash I often have to buy one or two missing colours..

    Oscar looks so adorable and very handsome :)
    He seems to be your very good stitching assistant.

    Enjoy Your stitching!

    With my best greetings,
    Maija

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥