I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

"Purrfect Day"

 As promised in a previous post, I can now show you the photos of the birthday card and magnet that I stitched for the Craftbubble "Crazy for Kitties" birthday exchange.  The package arrived safely in the UK in time for Julie's birthday - which means I can breathe a sigh of relief!

The design that I stitched came from a chart booklet which was a free gift with the "World of Cross Stitching Magazine" issue 153.  The chart booklet is full of some really great card sized designs and this one was just "purrfect" for stitching as a birthday card for a cat lover!

"Purrfect Day" designed by Lisa Reakes

Close up of stitched piece

Finished birthday card

Kitty Magnet
Designed by Debbie Cripps
I also stitched up a kitty fridge magnet that I had hiding in my stash of freebies.  This freebie came with the "Needlecraft" magazine way back in February 1997! 

I have been planning on stitching it for a long time but never got around to it!  So now it has been stitched - only took an afternoon to do!  It is stitched on plastic canvas and I then covered the back of it with some of Mark's left over scraps from his kitty quilt.  I was rather pleased with how it turned out - might just have to get some more plastic canvas and do another one for my fridge!


So now all we have to do is wait for Valentine's Day and I can then post the photos of what I have sent to my swap partner.  Not long to wait now.....


Til next time 

6 comments:

  1. The card turned out very very cute!! I love it!! You did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card!! Love how it turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Card looks fantastic! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours of "purrfect day".
    The card is beautiful!

    Congrats on two finishes. Very well stitched :)

    Happy Stitching
    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way your have mounted your cat cross stitch in the card. It looks great.

    I remember those little cat fridge magnets, I've got mine still in my stash.

    By the way, I'm also on Craftbubble.

    Keep up the good work, and Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)