I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Totally Useless SAL update - New Moon 4 Jan 2011

Today is Tuesday, 4th January 2011 which means today is the "New Moon", and since it is the new moon day it is Totally Useless SAL update day.

My little TUSAL jar was a small Moccona coffee jar in a previous life and has now been given a new lease of life as my TUSAL jar.  Although I may need to graduate to the larger size of jar by the middle of the year - or is that just wishful thinking!!

As you can see it has the reds, blues and black from Thomas the Tank Engine on top and at the bottom it has the pink and green colours from the "Edwardian Lady's Country Diary" foxgloves that I am also stitching.  I have only been collecting my threads in this jar since the middle of December 2010 when I first signed up for the TUSAL.

Being on leave over Christmas has been a bonus for my stitching as I have been able to spend quite a bit of time each day stitching, but now that I am back at work the jar will not fill up quite as quickly.....

TUSAL Jar update
New Moon - 4 Jan 2011
For more info on the TUSAL or if you wish to sign up, pop over to Daffycat's blog.

Til next new moon on 3rd February 2011, happy stitching

9 comments:

  1. Hi Noni.

    Thanks for following my blog!
    Its nice to see a fellow Aussie :)

    Daisy is absolutely gorgeous!!
    how old is she?
    Shepherds make a wonderful companion. So loyal, loving, intelligent and always willing to please.

    Good start to your TUSAL jar. I think you will need a bigger one before the year is finished. lol

    Happy Stitching and best wishes for the new year.
    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Noni.

    Thanks for following my blog!
    Its nice to see a fellow Aussie :)

    Daisy is absolutely gorgeous!!
    how old is she?
    Shepherds make a wonderful companion. So loyal, loving, intelligent and always willing to please.

    Good start to your TUSAL jar. I think you will need a bigger one before the year is finished. lol

    Happy Stitching and best wishes for the new year.
    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, I love all the colors in your ORT jar! You're going to get to the top soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you Noni. Don't worry, your TUSAL will soon be full of lovely fibres. My first TUSAL container was the size of a cup, then I used a fishbowl, before reverting to a cute little cork-topped decanter found in an op-shop.
    Looking forward to getting to know you better - your newest, bestest blogging buddy, bronny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I do love your blog! I wish I have more time to browse but I need to go get my girls! I'll be back tonight to take another looksie! There is so much to see here!

    Thx for following me!

    http://allandale-cross-stitching.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mature quilting TUSAL seeks similar cross stitcher for threads, patterns and stash!!!
    :-D

    Or how about "Love on the TUSAL thread"?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You already have lots of ORTs. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your little jar is filling up quickly! I have such a small little thingie but still there is only a few stands in. I hope to change that this weekend when I start my HEAD SAL :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there nice going on the orts so early in the year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)