I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Thomas the Tank Engine update

As I mentioned in a previous post I have signed up to stitch some quilt squares for the Quilts 4 Kids charity.  The first square is due to be completed and sent by 28 February 2011, so I thought I better get my skates on and use the week that I have off from work to get started on Anakin's square.

I have chosen to do a Thomas the Tank Engine design as his theme was Trains.  This simple design was originally published in the Cross Stitcher magazine in 2002 and I had kept the design filed away in my stash of charts.

I started stitching Thomas on 27th December.  So far I have managed to get around 2-3 hours per day on him so he is progressing quite nicely.  (Although today I haven't as yet picked up a needle and stitched a single stitch!)

Below are 2 update photos:

29th December 2010

31 December 2010

Now, I am going to show you my back side!  This is something that I have never done before, but after seeing Coni (Spinster Stitcher) be so brave and show her back side I thought I would do so too.....

Backside of Thomas the Tank Engine
31 December 2010
Now I must admit that I am reasonably particular about my back side as I always want it to look the best it can be but every now and then it doesn't hurt to be a little less particular - or is that peculiar!!!

So now that I have shown you Thomas' front side and his back side, I will post this little update and go and stitch on him some more.

Next update will probably coincide with my TUSAL post as it is almost new moon time!

Til next time,

2 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful thing to do :o) What a cute pattern.

    Your backside is very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable Noni, and I do so like your backside as well!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥