I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The postman has been twice!

It's not very often that I get pressie's in the mail but this week I got 2....

The first one was from a friend that I met through Craft Bubble.  Maribeth lives in New York and she sent me a really gorgeous bookmark that she stitched along with a fabulous kitty Christmas card.  Maribeth also included a picture of her cat Cuddles checking out the Christmas card that I sent her!!  The bookmark is currently sitting in pride of place on the desk in the lounge room so that everyone can see it.  It's too nice to use - I just want to look at it!

Thank you Maribeth

The second package that I received was from Emily.  She sent me a gift for being her 25th Follower!  This came all the way from Florida.  In the package was a box of chocolates (yummy), a roll of bright red ribbon, Valentine's stickers and some Florida stickers, along with a lovely card.

Thank you Emily
So, what has been happening this week.... I haven't been doing much blogging so I must have been doing something else - right?!

Right!  I have been busily stitching my Valentine's exchange so that I can get the package in the mail early to ensure that it will arrive in time for Valentine's Day.

And I am very pleased to announce that it's finished!!! YES!  And on time!!  The package is all ready to be mailed tomorrow to start it's journey to.... nope you can't trick me into telling you where it's going!  You will just have to wait for 2 weeks - all will be revealed on February 14th!!!

So that makes 4 finishes so far for 2011.... aren't you impressed - I know I am!  My little TUSAL jar is getting nice and full, and is looking very pretty with all the new colours that have been added this month.  Which reminds me I must take a photo of it soon as the New Moon is fast approaching.

So what's next on the stitching list....

1. Start stitching "Wings" for Quilts 4 Kids - due 30 March
2. Start stitching a Margaret Sherry Cat for the Margaret Sherry Lovers SAL - (stitch 3 of the Culinary Cats over the next 3 months to have a final viewing in May)
3. Start stitching "Winnie the Pooh" for Quilts 4 Kids - due 15 April

As the biscornu exchange is probably going to be deferred for a couple of months (or possibly cancelled) I have also requested to sign up for another Quilts 4 Kids child - hopefully will hear back this week to see if my "monkey" has been accepted.  There is a fifth child I would like to stitch for but I want to see how I get on with "Wings" before I sign up for yet another one....

I have plenty of stitching to get on with over the next couple of months.  I do hope that we don't get too much more of this sticky humid weather as it is not really the best weather to stitch in!

Well, that my news update for another day... see you on 3rd Feb for the TUSAL update

Til then,

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm so glad my package made it to you safely!! I love getting prezzies in the mail!! :) That bookmark your friend made you is beautiful!! I absolutely love it!! Her kitty in that photo almost looks like my kitty too!! I hope you have a great day!!

    Hugs from Florida!!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you hit the jackpot! You got some great goodies, love the kitty bookmark.

    You're on a roll! I really need to get mine finished, Valentine's Day will be here soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOO!!! Nice pressies, Noni!!

    My, you've been a busy stitchy girl. I can't wait to see some of those WIPs. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely gifts! =)
    Can't wait to see some pictures!!
    Have a lovely day sweetie :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥