I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year - 1 January 2011

We spend January 1 walking though our lives, room by room,
drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. 
Maybe this year, to balance the list,
we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives...
not looking for flaws, but for potential.
~Ellen Goodman

Well, here we are again - another New Year's Day, another list of New Year's resolutions to make.... and how many will be forgotten by the time Easter comes around?

Last year my New Year's Resolutions were very simple in the hope that I would be able to achieve them.

- Spend more time cross stitching
(Definitely achieved this goal - best stitching year in terms of finishes (not starts!) that I have had in a long time.  I even managed to complete the UFO's for my niece and nephew that had been sitting in the cupboard for 2 years.)

- Get fit, drink less alcohol, eat healthier, lose weight
(Well sort of achieved this one - didn't really get any fitter, only have a couple of G&T's on the weekend and we eat reasonably healthy anyway so that was OK, but lose weight - well, I did abandon about 5 kilos since July but that was more to do with being sick after our Bali holiday than any conscious diet and exercise effort on my behalf!)

So what are my 2011 New Year's Resolutions?  Well, actually I am not going to make resolutions this January 1st, but I will make a list of what I would like to try and achieve in 2011.

So my "2011 List of the Achievable" is:

- Break a bad habit (not sure which one yet, but I know I have them so I'm sure that I will find one or two to break!)
- Spend more time at the beach with my wonderful husband
- Take Daisy dog for more walks.... (definitely achievable)
- Finish off at least 2 of my UFO's/WIP's
- Stitch more
- Blog more (if I stitch more then I will have more to blog about!)
- Be more diligent about keeping a stitching diary
- Do more housework (this is just on the list to make it look good!)
- Grow more vegetables (this is hubby's stress relief project but he won't mind if I help him choose the seeds)
- Be happy

I do have one item that is a life changing goal rather than just a list item.  This year I must make a more concerted effort to get fit.  It would be nice to be able to walk up more than 2 flights of stairs at work without huffing and puffing!  So once we have eaten all the chocolates and biscuits that are left over from Christmas I can start on this goal!

We will open the book.  It's pages are blank. 
We are going to put words on them ourselves. 
The book is called Opportunity and it's first chapter is New Year's Day.
~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

Happy New Year and all the best for 2011.  Thank you for visiting my blog over the last couple of months.  I hope to see you all again soon

Til next time,



1 comment:

  1. I think those goals are achievable Noni! Good luck to you and Happy New Year :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)