I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Another Finish, Another Start.. I'm on a roll!

I hope you're sitting down.... yep the title says it all!  I have had another finish for 2011....  Bit excited coz I have also managed to turn the gorgeous "purrfect day" kitty into a birthday card and it is ready to be mailed.  So glad it is a public holiday today for Australia Day as it gave me an extra day off to craft....  (That doesn't sound very patriotic, does it?? - oops)

Sorry, but I can't show you a photo of my latest bit of craft handiwork just yet as I need to send if off to the UK.  Once Julie gives me the nod that she has received her birthday card and magnet all will be revealed!  So stay tuned to this Bat "Cat" Channel!

Ok... so that's the birthday card done for the "Crazy for Kitties" birthday exchange, it's now time to get cracking on my next project - a stitched gift/card for Parsley's Valentine's exchange. 

I actually started that on Monday night after I finished the back stitch on the kitty... so this is well in hand.  The gift part of the exchange has been purchased and is just waiting for me to finish the stitching and then I can pop it in the mail to...... (secret destination)

Oscar helping sort threads
Photo has been cropped to hide
what I am stitching!!
As I don't have a stitching photo to show I thought you might like to see a photo of Oscar helping me get started on my latest project! 

Luckily I had my phone on the table otherwise I probably wouldn't have been able to take this photo.  Usually what happens is the cats (and Daisy) stop doing what they're doing when you go and get the camera!

I was sorting out my threads on Monday night for the Valentine's stitching and the gorgeous puddy tat decided to plant himself in amongst the threads! 

I was fine with him helping sort threads until he decided that he wanted to hold the skein and help me cut the thread to stitching lengths.... then I had to put the thread under the table in my lap so he couldn't see them!!  I was rather nervous that I would end up poking him in the eye with the scissors....

Well, it is back to the Cricket and more stitching for me...  Have a safe and happy week, and if you are an Aussie, have a safe and happy Australia Day!
The Ashes Bears
They are out today while the ODI is on!
Til next time,

5 comments:

  1. Noni, you had me LOL at Oscar's story! He looks like he was ready to attack whoever got close enough to his stash in the piccie too. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect - get home last night after work, couple of cold beers while watching the Poms finish off the Aussies (Ok I'll confess I am a 50:50!) and my wonderful wife was happy with her 2 finishes. What more could a crafty quilting bloke ask for :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. public holidays are so good!! I love having extra days to stitch too :D lol

    hahaha do you trust your cat with your cross stitch threads? :D Brave ;) hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Oscar helping you. He looks like he has a lot of character.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute picture of Oscar lending a helping hand. Sounds like you have been busy stitching, looking forward to seeing some pictures once things have reached their destinations. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such nice comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)