I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Xmas Moggy has landed....

First all, Merry Christmas everyone.  Christmas Day has arrived in it's usual style in Perth - nice cool breeze from the East at 5am which always means a hot day... to be replaced with 30% humidity and a warm 37 deg C.  But a sea breeze from West is due later this afternoon!  Can't wait!!  Love the Freo Doctor!!

This is an late post but not an unexpected one regarding this particular item.  I have been holding off doing a show-off post for my latest finish as I wanted to wait until it arrived in Maribeth's post box in New York.

And it has now has landed in New York, so I can show it off - and how appropriate that it landed in Maribeth's post box on Christmas Eve.

Xmas Moggy Card for Maribeth
This cute little Xmas Moggy came from a free Christmas Card design booklet with the Cross Stitch Crazy issue 143.  All the charts and backing papers were designed by Jenny Ellory.  I didn't use the backing paper this time but I certainly will in the future as they are gorgeous.

I will admit that I made a wee mistake on the stitching - nothing too drastic other than I started stitching the background in 2 threads only to discover that it should have been in 1 thread....  So rather than have a chat with Mr Frog, I decided to carry on... and I think the Xmas Moggy turned out just fine.  The backstitch does show moggy off so my little mistake is really my little design change!!  I do hope Jenny doesn't mind!?

I am now off to have Roast Duck and another glass of champers.  No matter where or how you are celebrating today, the day that Christ was born, have a wonderful day, stay safe and love and cherish one another.

Until next time,
One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day.  Don't clean it up too quickly.  ~Andy Rooney


1 comment:

  1. Adorable little ornament!!

    Glad you had a wonderful day

    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)