I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Another addition to the ever increasing stash...

Well I guess it is true, you can never have enough in your stash....

Recently while checking out some cross stitching blogs I came across a really lovely Maia design that I couldn't stop thinking about.  It is called "Winter's Majesty" and is based on the artwork of Karl Bang.

The more I thought about it, the more I wanted it - so I started searching online for the design in Australia and didn't get very far.  But, I did find it on the "Sew and So" website, and while I know I should be supporting Australian online and local retailers, with the Aussie Dollars being so good, I decided to buy online from the UK.  Unfortunately, while I was on the Sew and So website I also found 3 other Oriental style kits that took both my fancy and my hubby's fancy....  Plus they had a very good sale on and a good sale is my one weakness!

I was really pleased (and surprised) that I only had to wait just over a week for the package to come from the UK - not bad! 

So now all I have to do is finish my "Bonsai and Buddha" and then I can start "Winter's Majesty".

Winter's Majesty

Pagoda View

Temple View

The Great Wave off Kanagawa
(this is the one that Mark asked me to order)
Now that my stash has increased yet again, I will need to add another couple of years to the already amazing lifespan that I must have if I am ever going to stitch everything I have in my stash!

Still, what is a cross stitcher without a stash??  I don't think there is any such thing!!!

Until next time,

3 comments:

  1. Noni, Winter's Majesty is one of my all time faves, but I've managed to resist so far. I'll have to live vicariously through you when you stitch her. :D I've never seen Pagoda View before..... it's lovely!!! Soooo, when are you starting one of them and which one will it be? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLZ 'what is a cross stitcher without a stash' that made my day!! I live for my stash too:)) and I already made the Winter's Majesty!!:) and my best friend just promised to get me the kanagawa wave!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to ask where did you succeed to buy Maia Winter's Majesty kit?????

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥