I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

And now for something completely different and totally useless!

I have found something completely and totally useless to do in 2011, but at the same time something so quirky that I have to do it!

A week or so ago while reading some of the blogs that I follow I saw a post about a TUSAL.  It put such a smile on my face that I thought "Yep, I have to do this!".

What's a TUSAL?  I wondered the same thing until I read It's Daffycat: A Totally Useless Stitch-A-Long, then all was explained!

So now all I have to do is stitch, save my old ratty threads (ORT's) and keep an eye on the date, take and post a pic of my lovely bits of ORT's in their jar or wine glass (or whatever I can find to hold them in) each new moon - I can do that!!

I have even listed the new moon dates below so that I can't forget when they are!

2011 New Moon Dates:
January 4
February 3
March 4
April 3
May 3
June 1
July 1
July 30
August 29
September 27
October 26
November 25
December 24


If you want to see what all the fuss is about and maybe even join in this quirky SAL, pop along to Daffycat's blog and have a look at It's Daffycat: A Totally Useless Stitch-A-Long

Til the next new moon!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY Noni!! I'm so glad you're joining in the fun. I can't wait to see your ORT jar grow. :D BTW... do you have a new start plan? I sure hope so as there's a New Year New Start contest going on and it sure would be nice to have your company. ;) Details are over in my blog. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥