I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Latest Finish - Christmas Card

This is my latest finish.....

I stitched this Christmas card for the Craft Bubble "Crazy for Kitties" Christmas Exchange.  This little white cat will be winging it's way over to "Catdragon" in the UK tomorrow.

The exchange brief was to stitch a kitty card for Christmas.  I spent a couple of evenings going though all of the Christmas magazines that I had and found a couple of kitty designs, but decided to do the "white cat" from the "World of Cross Stitching" issue 39 (Nov 2000).  Just as well I keep all my old magazines! 

The design is from a set of four cat & dog cards designed by Julie McLaughlin.  It was a reasonably quick design to stitch and used gold and silver Kreinik thread to add some shimmer to the ornaments and presents!

The card was one that I had in my box of freebies from my craft magazines and I chose the shiny red one as a base and cut up a small gold one to frame the stitching.  Then used green glitter brads on the corners, and added the Seasons Greetings sticker rather than trying to write on the foil card.

All in all not too bad a job given that I am not normally a card maker.....


Til next time

4 comments:

  1. Awwww Noni, it's soooooooo cute!!!!!!!! I think you did a fab job with the card. Lucky recipient indeed. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that card is just so cute, I'm sure the intended recipient will absolutely love it!
    I hope you enjoy stitching Winter's Majesty when you start her, cos I'll feel really guilty if you don't, and I'll look forward to your updates as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the sweetest cross stitch Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥